Welcome, Player!

New to AtariQuest? Click here to get started!

Check out the Leaderboard!

DISCLAIMER: AtariQuest is unofficial fan content, not approved or endorsed by Atari or anyone else. I do not own and make no claim of ownership of any Atari games, names or characters that appear in AtariQuest. It is non-commercial, offered for free, and just for fun.

Saturday, November 6, 2021

Welcome to AtariQuest!

AtariQuest is an just-for-fun interactive novel set in the world of Atari 2600 games. Each chapter forms a challenge, and every time someone posts a video of themselves completing a new challenge, the next chapter will be released. 

What if I don't have an Atari 2600? That's okay. You can use an emulator. Here are some tips from AtariAge about emulators. But also, original hardware is pretty cool, and easy to find on ebay

How do I post a video? Easy! In the comments section for a chapter, post a link to a video of yourself completing the challenge for that chapter. Make sure you have the right game select and difficulty settings. Please only post links to new videos of you completing the challenge after the challenge was posted. If your video looks legit, you'll go on the leaderboard!

There's a leaderboard? There totally is! Each approved video you post gets you ten points. The first, second, and third people to complete a challenge get three, two, and one bonus points, respectively. The leaderboard is here, if you're into that sort of thing. 

Do I have to complete the challenges in order? Nope. Feel free to do whatever challenges you feel like, in any order. 

How many chapters are there? AtariQuest is epic in scope, with a total of 444 chapters, spanning the whole of the Atariverse.

Can I follow you on twitter? Sure! https://twitter.com/MissileMelvin

Anyway, welcome to the world of AtariQuest. To get started, read the Prologue. Have fun!

8 comments:

  1. Very creative concept! Looking forward to this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Weird Paul sent me.
    I play in his honor.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember thinking of something like this, but I would pretend my Atari 800 (via emulator) would prompt me a challenge in a 2600 game, and would try to do that challenge.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a really fun idea -- the Atari 800 giving you 2600 quests.

      Delete
  4. Really cool idea here. I can't wait to attack these challenges once things slow down a bit.
    One minor complaint - the white text on black background is really hard on the eyes. Any chance of providing a standard black text/white bg option?
    Also, I appreciate that you clearly have some Atari coding knowledge, Mr. "Missile," haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Future L -- I'll look into whether there is a way to toggle different text color settings. In the meantime, you might try copying and pasting chapters into an editor where you can set colors you find more comfortable.

      Thanks for the suggestion!

      Delete

If you make a video of yourself completing the challenge, leave a link to it below! Other thoughts about the story are also welcome. Please keep it friendly - AtariQuest is for everyone.