Soon, it gets so dark that you can only see fireflies, and you aren’t sure you want to eat those. “You win!” calls Cassie out of the darkness. “You must have been really hungry!” As your eyes adjust to the dark, you see Cassie resting on the lilypad next to you. She yawns. “Thanks again for your help today. Think you can help me again tomorrow?”
You tense up, concerned about how you are ever going to turn
back to your normal self. “Cassie, I’m not even supposed to be here… I mean,
I’m not even…” you break off, not sure how she will take this.
“Not even what?” she asks, puzzled.
“I’m… not even… a frog.”
“What? Then… what are you?”
“I’m human. But I had a bad run in with a ghost and, I
guess, a witch, and they turned me into a frog.”
“Well, that was lucky!” says Cassie.
“No, you don’t understand… I have a lot of important things
I need to do, and… well, I don’t know if I can do them as a frog.”
“What kind of important things?”
“Queen Stella has sent me on a quest to recover her lost
treasures.”
She laughs. “We don’t have a…” she pauses, and turns
serious. “But we do, don’t we! Queen Stella in her rainbow castle! Conqueror of
Tyrannus! How did I forget about that?”
“That’s just the thing,” you say, “the treasures are what
give everyone their memory. I’ve brought back a few… but, well, there’s still a
lot more.”
“Wow,” she says, and you can see her wide eyes in the dark.
“Tell you what. If you can help me with more little frogs in the morning, after
that we can go talk to the wise old frog. He’ll know what to do. Right now, we
should get some sleep.”
Is that a good plan, you wonder? Maybe it is? You yawn.
Either way, you are exhausted, and with a full stomach and the lull of the
chirping crickets, you drift off to sleep on your cozy lilypad.
“Wake up, sleepyhead!” you hear Cassie shout as she
cannonballs into the water. You see the sun is overhead, and water from her
splash rains down on you. You blink, and she calls, “Come on, Super Frog! We’ve
got to head to the nice neighborhood!”
You jump in and swim after her. After a while she hops up on
shore, and starts up a path into the woods. You hop after her. “What’s so nice
about the neighborhood we’re going to?” you ask. “Is it far from a highway, I
hope?”
“No,” she says, “near a highway just like before.”
“So… no turtles, then?”
“Oh, it has lots of turtles.”
“Well, then, what? No alligators? Snakes? Otters? What?”
“No, all those things are still there. It’s just… nicer.
You’ll see.”
You shake your head. But as you hop up over the rise, to see
a group of eager young frogs, you see that, wow, she’s right. Everything here
is just… nicer.
Place your
Supercharger into your Atari 2600, and press play on the Official Frogger
cassette. Use game select 1, and set the difficulty switches to a. Play until
you get 20,000 points. Post a link to a video in the comments section of
yourself completing the challenge.
A much more forgiving version compared to original 2600 Frogger but still took some getting used to some of the mechanics such as the horizontal movement. This game certainly looks "nicer" as you put it :D I can confidently say that I am now fluent in Frogger style games. Check that off the bucket list!
ReplyDeletehttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_pfM5SSb0n4
Whew! I was a little worried that I might have set the score wrong on this one -- seems like you are now a real Frogger whiz! I never mentioned, but on the Parker Brothers one, the reason I set things to difficulty A was because that is how it behaved in the arcade. Oh, also, I've noticed that lately there is something weird with your youtube videos where they are clear for the first 30 seconds, but then get very blurry... not sure why, but I thought I'd mention it. It's not so blurry that I can't make out your great score, though! And now, the Frogger Saga (Fragga?) continues...
Delete